Chinwag Psych is a full day conference covering psychology, neuroscience, behavioural economics and more. Our mission is to examine these rapidly changing disciplines and explore how they can be applied to business. From practical psychology-based case studies to bleeding edge neuroscience, there will be thought-provoking presentations, panel sessions, informed Q & A plus plenty of time for networking.
Chinwag Psych London will take place on Thursday 15th May 2014
Psych London will cover four sessions during the day:
Dr. Aaron Balick
Psychotherapist, Author, Consultant at Mindswork
Aaron Balick, PhD, is a clinical psychotherapist with a special interest in the application of psychotherapeutic thinking to culture, especially social media and technology. In addition to his clinical work, Dr. Balick is an honorary senior lecturer at the University of Essex’s Centre for Psychoanalytic Studies as well as being a regular voice providing mental health expertise on BBC Radio 1.
He is a blogger, writes for both popular and academic audiences, and is the author of the book The Psychodynamics of Social Networking: connected-up instantaneous culture and the self and a chapter contributor for Social Media Week’s On! The Future of Now both published in 2014.
CEO at Web Arts AG
Andre is author of the German best selling book “Conversion Optimierung”, university lecturer for User Experience and CRO and blogger / publisher of konversionsKRAFT.de.
He is also co-founder and CEO of Web Arts, with more than 30 consultants one of the leading consultancies for website optimization. He is a top rated keynote speaker for online marketing- and conversion conferences around Europe.
Chief Persuasion Officer at Online Dialogue & Wheel-of-Persuasion
Bart Schutz is a renown ‘Persuasion Practicioner’, ‘Cerebral Conversionist’ and ‘Passionate Psychologist’. Born in a family of psychologists, he studied (consumer) psychology. With over 15 years of helping businesses to psychologically optimise their online strategy & dialogues, he is one of the few leading voices to have both academic, strategic and hands-on experience in engineering online persuasion.
Bart is the founder of WheelofPersuasion.com (with over 200 “Online Persuasion Techniques”), as well as co-founder and Chief Persuasion Officer within the famous and award winning brain sciences applying company Online Dialogue.
Conversion Scientist at Conversion Sciences
Brian Massey calls himself a Conversion Scientist™ and he has the lab coat to prove it. He is the founder of website optimization company Conversion Sciences and author of the book Your Customer Creation Equation: Unexpected Website Formulas of The Conversion Scientist.
He appears in his trademark lab coat when speaking to corporations, universities, and conference attendees around the world. He authors The Conversion Scientist blog, and has written for ClickZ.com, Search Engine Land, Marketing Land and the Content Marketing Institute. He lives and works in Austin, Texas where life and the Internet are hopelessly entwined.
Optimiser of Everything at Optimal Visit Ltd
Craig has been blending Psychological techniques, UX, Analytics, Split Testing and Conversion Optimisation since 2006. He’s also been building teams, launching products and hacking the growth of websites for companies like LOVEFiLM, John Lewis and Waitrose for nearly 12 years.
You can find him tweeting from @OptimiseOrDie on all sorts of topics, including Neuropsychology, Mobile tech and Persuasion. Craig’s knowledge, engaging presentation style and practical tips make him a highly sought after speaker.
Head of Cognitive Modelling at Samos Analytics
Ian is the Head of Cognitive Modelling for Samos Analytics, a research driven start-up funded by DARPA, the TSB, and private investors to make choosing online easy and satisfying — by helping people realise what is most important.
Ian has a passion for the cognitive science of choice and has collaborated with leading UX researchers at UCL and taught Advanced Behavioural Decision Making at the London School of Economics. Ian holds degrees in Decision Science from the LSE and in Cognitive Science from Yale University.
UK Director at theAudience
Since starting the worlds first social publishing company in the earliest days of the social networks, Mark has advised some of the worlds most well-known A-list celebrities and brands on how to rewire their businesses for the digital age. Mark represents a new generation of tech entrepreneurs in London and is a leading ambassador for East London’s start-up scene. Mark is one of the founders of a very stealthy new startup called theAudience, established alongside Sean Parker – the creator of Napster and founding president of Facebook; Oliver Luckett – the man responsible for making Disney a social media goliath and Ari Emmanael the CEO of WME – the largest A-list talent agency.
The company manages the social presence of several thousand A-list celebrity and brand clients ranging from the likes of Dove and H&M to Usher and Hugh Jackman.Now that theAudience is coming out of the shadows Mark is fast becoming a regular name on the global conference stage with over 50 panels and keynote presentations already scheduled for 2014. In these sessions he passionately shares insights, examples and opinions onhow to (and not to) use new media to build brand love and land very successful campaigns.
Nathalie Nahai is a Web Psychologist, PsychMatter’s Editor at Large and best-selling author of ‘Webs of Influence: The Psychology of Online Persuasion‘ (Pearson). With a background in psychology, web design and digital strategy, Nathalie coined the term ‘web psychology’ in 2011, defining it as ‘the empirical study of how our online environments influence our attitudes and behaviours’.
Nathalie is the founder of the Institute of Web Psychology, which helps businesses apply scientific rigour to their design and decision-making processes, to achieve better engagement online. She lectures internationally on the subject of web psychology (audiences include eBay, Harvard Business Review and Google), and has worked with Fortune 500 companies, design agencies and SME’s. Nathalie is also a resident blogger at Psychology Today, and contributes to national publications and radio on the subject of online behaviour and research.
Dr Paul Marsden
Digital Strategist at Unique Digital
Dr Paul Marsden is a psychologist working with Unique Digital as a digital strategist. His PhD in media psychology focused on the role of the media in copycat phenomena (’social contagion’).
Former managing editor of the Journal of Memetics, and co-founder of Brainjuicer PLC, Paul is author of Connected Marketing and The Social Commerce Handbook, and runs the digital marketing blog – Digital Intelligence Today.
More speakers to be announced soon..
Testimonials from 2013
Here’s what some of our past attendees thought of Psych London 2013:
- “All I can say is Chinwag Psych met all my expectations. Organization was perfect and lessons were both challenging and engaging for someone interesting in these issues Speakers were high-quality and I went out with a lot of new ideas! I have no doubt that I will attend next Chinwag Psych meetings.”
- “I’ve never come away from an event before that has blown my mind. The new possibilities explored by the fascinating speakers to an audience made up of the UK’s leading digital minds was awesome.”
- “Challenging, fast-paced, engaging. HIGHLY recommended.”
- “Without doubt, @ChinwagPsych yesterday was the best event I’ve ever attended. NOT ONE talk was useless or boring. Kudos”
- “Brain enriching day spent at @chinwagpsych. Lots of great discoveries and nice people. Time and money well spent, thanks.”
- “A great event, reminding me of many things that we should be doing, and opening my mind to many more!”
- “For me, Chinwag Psych brought together the very latest real life experiences and thinking with technological modern day psych.”
- “So far, I’ve never been to a bad Chinwag event. The speakers were educational, informative and inspirational – with a dash of humour and silly YouTube videos thrown in, too. I had a great afternoon learning about neuroscience and behavioural psychology, which left me thinking about how I could implement it in my day-to-day PR job. Great event and would definitely recommend it to others!”
Get your Tickets now!
- Attendees at Chinwag Psych London 2014 can transfer their ticket to a colleague or third party with no penalty – please let us know (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you will be doing this.
- Tickets cancelled, in writing, up to 30 days prior to the event will be refunded minus a £50 cancellation fee.
- Tickets cancelled less than 30 days prior to the event will not be refunded.